Safeco referred to as Selective Auto and Fire Insurance Company is an American based company providing insurance services to millions of customers. It was found in 1923 by Hawthorne K Dent. The insurance rates offered by Safeco were competitive & it was growing successfully because of its excellent services. Safeco offers online account services for its customers such as pay bills online, view their claims, enroll for auto pay & paperless options etc. The customer is required to get register with Safeco.com to avail such services. Various payment options are also provided to customers that makes payment process easy & convenient. He can choose any payment method as per his suitability.
How to get register at Safeco.com
The customer can enjoy the benefits of online services after getting registered with Safeco.com. He can pay his bills, view his policy documents, track his claims and can make changes in his account details by having online access at Safeco.com. Following is the procedure for registration:
- Go tohttp://www.safeco.com
- The new customer is required to click on register now tab to start the registration process.
- The two step registration process will start. In first step customer is required to create unique user name & password. He will enter personal information, type & policy numbers which he want to access online as shown in following image. The maximum limit to add the types of policies is 20 in number. The customer is required to add at least one policy to access complete the registration. He will also agree to terms & conditions after reading them properly & click on create my account tab.
- The customer will provide his identification details in the next step of registration process. These details will help in recovering the account in case customer forgets his user name or password.
- After following all the instructions, registration process shall be completed &this unique user name & password can be used for getting access to his account.
Payment options at www.safeco.com/Make a Payment
There are variety of payment methods offered by Safeco which can be chose by customer as per his ease & convenience. The customer can use phone service of Safeco, mail the payment at address prescribed by Safeco, set up recurring payments or make online payments by having online access at www.safeco.com/make a payment. Onetime payment can also be made using online services of Safeco.com.
Online payment at
Following procedure is adopted for making online payment at Safeco:
- For availing online services & making payment online the customer is required to go to the link safeco.com/make a payment.
- Following page will appear where customer is required to click on Account Login/Register tab
- A small pop up window shall open where customer will enter his registered user name & password & click on log in tab.
- However if customer is new & not registered with Safeco.com, he will click on register now tab to get register at safeco.
- After accessing his account customer can manage his account to make payment. He will enter the payment amount, payment details & confirm the payment after reviewing the details.
Safeco does not accept payments made from savings account. However it accepts visa, master card & American express.
Payment using phone
The customer can make payment to Safeco using phone service. He is required to make a call on Tel: 1-888-723-3260 & follow the instructions provided by phone automated service. The customer is required to provide his account number & bank details over phone. If he is using credit card for making payment, then only Discover, master card, American Express or visa card shall be accepted. He should keep his details ready before making call so that there is no interruption in making payment. If payment is made after 5pm, it will be posted next day. Phone service does not charge any fee from customer & also there is no option of scheduling payments.
Payment through mail
Safeco offers mail service for their customers for making payments against bills. The customer is required to prepare a check or money order of bill amount by writing account number on it & send it to prescribed mail address. The mail should be sent at least 5-7 days before the due date so that timely processing can be ensured. This service is considered safe by those customers that do not prefer sharing their financial information online. The mail will be sent to following address:
P.O. Box 6476
Carol Stream, IL
For overnight payments the mail is required to be sent at following address:
2012 Corporate drive
Naperville, IL 60563
Safeco.com offers the option of setting up automatic payments to its customers. The customer will login to his registered account & enroll for recurring payments by selecting recurring credit card or automatic payment deductions. He is also required to provide the payment details & the dates on which payment shall be made. He also has the option to cancel the enrollment anytime by signing in to his account.
The customer is required to make a call on Tel: 800-332-3226 if he wants to file a claim using phone service of Safeco. For any other query or complaint or to know any detail about the company he is required to make a call on Tel: 877-762-310.
The paperless billing can also be selected by the customer by signing in to his registered account with Safeco.com. This option enables the customer to receive e-bills & stop receiving paper bills. He can cancel the option any time he wishes to receive paper bills. Less use of paper will also have positive impact on environment.