Pacific Gas & Electricity started its operations in California for providing electricity & gas services to its customers. Its headquarters are located in San Francisco serving approximately more than 15 million customers in California. It has offered many new ways for bill payment to its customers that they can choose as per their convenience. You can visit the page www.pge.com/myenergy to get further assistance regarding bill payment. The registration at this page is required to avail the online account benefits.
How to register
PGE provides you online account facility that can be availed, if you get yourself registered at pge.com/myenergy . There are many benefits of online registered account such as you can access your account any time, view your bills and get to know the amount that is due for payment, check your balance, and make changes in your account. Following is the procedure required for registration:
- Go to the link pge.com
- Click on Signup now button to follow the registration process
- Following page will appear, you are required to fill the asked information such as account number and phone number
- Click on verify after you have filled the information & proceed further to complete the registration process.
- Follow the instructions & create a unique user name & password for managing your account online.
PGE – Ways to Pay
You are provided with various types of payment methods under www.pge.com/myenergy for removing your hassles. The options available to you are online payment, automatic payment, payment using phone service, payment through mail and payment by personally visiting the store.
Pacific Gas and Electric Company Online payments
You are required to follow certain steps for making online payment. They are:
- Visit the link pge.com/myenergy . Following page will appear
- You are required to sign in to your online registered account by entering user name & password. If you are not registered, click on signup now button appearing on the screen & follow the online registration process.
- After signing in to your account, you can check the due dates of bill & can make payment arrangements
- Go to Pay bill link & enter the bill amount & checking account details from which payment shall be deducted.
- Before finally submitting the payment, review the information already entered by you. if you are sure that information filled is correct, submit the payment
- However, if you are choosing one time access option for making payment, Click on one time access appearing in the following screen & fill the information asked such as account number, name, ZIP code, and last 4 digits of social security number if you are residential customer. For business customers last 4 digits of tax ID is required to be filled.
PGE Automatic payment
You can also choose to deduct automatic payments from your checking account. Under this method, payment will be automatically deducted from your checking account & you will get intimation through email. You can also review your bill statements to check how much payments have been made & how much is due. The automatic payment option can be selected by signing into registered account. You also have the privilege to view statements up to 13 months. The enrollment to auto pay option can be cancelled anytime you wish to make manual payments. You will find this option easy as you are not required to remember the due dates every month & spent time in making bill payments.
Payments to PGE using phone service
You can also make payment against bill using phone service of Pacific Gas & Electricity. You are required to make a call at Tel:1-800-743-5000 & follow the instructions provided by customer service representative. You will be asked some relevant information during bill payment process & after the process is completed, a reference number or receipt shall be provided confirming the payment. If you are submitting payment before 5 pm, it shall be posted on same day. However, automated system service is also provided which is available for 24 hours at your service. The number is Tel:1-877-704-8470. You will be charges $1.25 as transaction fee.
PGE Payments through mail
Pacific Gas & electricity also offers mail service for their customers for submitting payment. You are required to prepare a check or money order of prescribed amount after writing account number on its back. Make sure that it is correctly signed by you & every detail entered is correct. You can mail the check or money order at following address:
Pacific Gas and Electric Company
P.O. Box 997300
Sacramento, CA 95899-7300
If you are choosing this option, make sure that check or money order is sent keeping sufficient margin before due date. The mail payment should not be made through cash.
Payment in person
If you wish to personally visit the store for making payment, you can do it by finding the nearest store & make payment either using cash or check. PGE has provided near about 700 payment centers that are authorized to collect payment. You are required to tell them your 11 digit account number against which payment is made & get a receipt after submitting the payment as a record for future reference. If you will submit the payment before 5pm, they will post it on same day. You can visit the link http://www.pge.com/en/mybusiness/account/pay/paycenter.page to locate the nearest store or alternatively call on Tel:1-888-743-0011.
Pay using smart-phone App
For using this method, you are required to download free app of PGE to your mobile phone. The app is compatible with Android, Blackberry & iPhone. You will be charged $1.25 as transaction fee for making payment using this app. You will be sent an email after payment process is completed as a confirmation.