Gap is an American fashion industry having its brand image in all over the country owning many stores such as Old Navy, banana republic etc. It is the most popular clothing store in America. It was started by Doris & Don Fisher with a single store in 1969 which has now grown into global fashion business. It is doing business with more than 90 countries & having more than 3000 stores operating in different countries. Gap is committed to do welfare of the community. They ask for customers expectations & produce goods accordingly.
Gap card account
Gap card account provides many benefits to the customer such as checking credit card balance, making online bill payment through eservice.gap.com& view detail of card statements. In order to avail these benefits, the customer is required to get himself registered for a Gap card account. Gap card is issued by GE money bank only to those customers who have good credibility. Gap card makes shopping easier for customer. The customer has many options for making payment against Gap credit account. The payment can be made online, through phone service and directly through store. Following are the bonuses received on holding of Gap credit card:
- Tuesday offer benefit of 10% off for making purchases at Gap, Old Navy & Piperlime using Gap card
- Customer can earn 500 points if he chooses to receive paperless statements
- Customer can earn 5 points for making purchases of $1 at Gap, Old Navy, banana republic, Piperlime and Athleta store. If he spent $1 at stores other than Gap where Visa card is accepted then he can earn 1 point.
- 15% off on first purchase made at Gap store
- $10 as reward card bonus on earning of 1000 points
- Advanced information of special offers & discounts, sales events & new trends etc.
- On earning of 5000 points by a customer during a calendar year, he is upgraded to silver card. The silver card will provide additional benefits such as free delivery on any online order, free basic alterations from banana republic store etc.
Registration for Gap card account througheservice.gap.com
- Follow the link eservice.gap.com & Click on Register tab as shown in image below:
- Following screen will appear. Enter the account number in the required field & click on Continue tab to proceed further
- In the next page select user name & password for your account & validate the information to continue further.
- In next step create security questions which can be used in future & proceed further
- Select image in this step & move to next step which will reflect the account summary as registration process has been completed.
Online Credit card payment
Once account is created, the customer can use that register id & password for making payment against Gap card account. Following process shall be followed for making online payment:
- Follow the link eservice.gap.com. Following screen shall appear:
- Enter the registered User id & click on Login tab.
- Enter the password & select Login tab to sign in to account
- Select Payment tab under quick link section & fill the amount customer is required to pay
- Enter the details of bank account from which payment is to be deducted & click on Submit tab to complete the payment process
- Confirmation screen will appear evidencing that payment process has been completed
The payment made shall be updated within 72 hours of initiating it. The customer can even make extra payment which will be adjusted in the next bill but in order to avoid late fee, he is required to make payment of minimum amount mentioned in bill. The payment made through online service can be stopped only if it has not been processed yet or pending in the account. The customer can also authorize some user to have access to Gap account. He can make purchases on behalf of customer but customer will be responsible for actions taken by authorized user related to his account. However authorized user is not authorized to close the account & change any information mentioned in the account.
The customer can add up to 5 authorized user by selecting Add authorized user tab in the account. If he wishes to remove any authorized user, he is required to make a call on Tel:1-800-887-1198. He can also send a written request on following address:
Gap Card Services
PO Box 965004
Orlando, FL 32896-5004
If a customer wishes to increase his credit limit, he can send a request by selecting Credit line increase tab & entering the amount up to which he wishes to increase his limit. If he is eligible, he will be responded immediately with allowed amount. He can confirm the amount to avail the benefit of increased limit. For reporting against lost card, the customer can call on 1-800-887-1198. A new account number will be issued to customer after closing the old account.
Payment through phone system
The customer can make payment against card using phone service. He is required to make a call on (800) GAPSTYLE (427-7895) & provide necessary details asked by the phone automated system. The $10 as a service charge shall be charged for accepting payment through phone service. The customer is mainly asked for account number & bank details through which payment shall be made. The customer is just required to follow the instructions till the process is completed.
Payment through mail
The customer has option to send money through mail. He is required to prepare a check or money order by filling right amount & mentioning account number at the back of check. The check or money order shall be sent at least 5 days before the due date of bill to ensure that there will not be delay in payment. It generally takes 5-7 days to process the payment made through mail.The mail will be sent to following address:
PO Box 530942
Atlanta, GA 30353-0942
The customer is required to make the payment within 26 days of the billing date in order to avoid any interest charges. The bill payment cannot be made directly at store.