Con Edison is one of the largest and most trusted providers of gas, steam, and electric power systems in the world, providing service to more than 3 million customers in New York City and Westchester County. On a continuous basis, the company has been making key efforts in complying with the guidelines related to environment, health, safety and valuable use of natural resources.
Installation of new electric service
From the webpage www.coned.com/es the customers will initiate the process by filling the application form and a load letter and their licensed contractors work request. It takes approximately 10 working days from the date Con Edison has received all necessary information and done a final inspection.
Steam Service is available in Manhattan, south of 96th Street. For any help, the customers can call at Tel: 1-212-460-2011 or e-mail at [email protected]. For the steam service application process, the customers can follow the steps as-
- A steam service load letter, a point of entry form and an application to apply for the service from the (downloaded from the website coned.com/steam) are required
- Con Edison will issue the Engineering Specifications Package (ESP). This package has details of the meters, pipes, and a copy of New York City Department of Buildings rules. A contractor or engineer has to be hired by the customer.
- The engineer would submit the design for approval
- The customer has to then schedule an inspection with the company.
Online registration at www.coned.com
- On the home page coned.com, on the top left side, click on my account
- It will prompt to enter the 15 digit con Edison account number and the security code.
- Click next
This will make the user Coned registered member.
Coned.com bill Payment Policy
Within 23 days of the date when the bill is mailed, the payment is expected to be made; otherwise late fees will be charged. If two or more late payments are made in a year, then an additional deposit may be asked to be kept in the account. That is the reason that the customers are given an option to use direct payment method for bill amounts.
Www.coned.com Bill Pay Options
www.coned.com has provided various billing and payment options to thecustomers to choose from, which are fast, convenient, reliable and secure.
A paperless billing option where every month an email is sent that the bill is available to view and electronically funds are debited from the account
- Log in to the page coned.com/customercentral/paybyebill.asp click on Enroll Now
- Next page will prompt to enter the username and password. If the user is not in the USA then they will not be able to log in to this page.
- This will enable to pay the bills online.
Direct Payment Plan
It is an easy payment process for the customers to automatically make a transaction through checking or saving account. The payment is automatically debited 10 days after the customer receive the bill.
- Log in to coned.com/paymentoptions
- Click the Direct Payment plan
- Enter the bank account information
- A letter will be sent confirming the enrollment.
Pay by credit/ debit card
The customers can also pay their bills with a Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express, as well as debit/ATM cards with the STAR, Pulse, and NYSE logos.
- The payment agent, Bill matrix, charges a service fee for using this method.
- By signing in to webpayments.billmatrix.com/conedresidential/ payment can be made
- It will take 2 business days for transaction to get reflected.
Pay by Internet
- Click the link coned.com the user will log in with the con account number.
- By using debit or credit card, or checking or saving account, the payment can be made. This service is free of charge.
The con Edison bills can also be paid using the online bill payment services offered by the banks. The respective banks website has to be used for the transaction.
Pay by ACH (automated clearing house network)
This is available for commercial customers: The customer is required to be enrolled in the Automated Clearing House network or to contact National Automated Clearing House Association (NACHA) for the same. It is important to include account number in the proper field of the remittance detail.
Pay by Phone
The customers can call atTel: 1-888-925-5016 to pay the bills over the phone using their debit or credit card. The company charges a nominal service fee for using this automated phone system. Three details should be handy while making the payment-
- Con Edison account number
- If using checking or saving account, then the bank account number and the bank identification number
- If using credit or debit card, then their number.
Pay in Person
In person the customers have two choices-
- They can pay at any store locations. The stores are open Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and can be traced at coned.com/paymentoptions.
- The payment can be made through authorized payment agents by clicking the link http://www.coned.com/customercentral/authorizedPaymentAgents.asp
Pay by Mail
The customers can mail their check or money orders at
Steam Business Development
4 Irving Place, 7th Floor, SE
New York, NY 100034. Or, visit the web site at www.coned.com
Payment Assistance Programs
There are various assistance programs for people who have difficulty in paying their bill due to short financial problems, medical difficulties, or other reasons as follows-
- Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP): this helps eligible customers in paying for their costs. They may be granted a monthly amount or one time amount.
- Payment Extension- here the company grants eligible customers an extra 20 days to pay their bills free of charge.
- Level payment- the company estimates the usage for the year and divides it into 12 equal monthly payments. This means that the consumption may change every month but the amount will be same each month.
The customers can call atTel: 180075CONED (18007526633). The service is available 7 days a week, 24 hours a day.
The documents can also be faxed at Tel: 1-212-473-2538.
The toll-free number for the DEAF customers isTel: 1-800-642-2308.